The history of Harrison Gospel Chapel begins with a lady who had a vision for the lost. With her husband, they moved into Harrison Hot Springs in 1942. At that time, the village was the home base for many families whose fathers were logging up the lake. Several ladies began holding children's meetings in a home.
In 1944, another couple moved into Harrison to work under the auspices of The West Coast Childrens Mission, a ministry of the Mennonite Brethren Conference of BC. The two couples harmonized their efforts and jointly held their first Easter Sunday Service in 1945.
In 1945 a meeting place (a 24' x 24' building) was erected in a day by a group from Yarrow . A larger chapel was built in 1947. The work grew and in 1957 the fellowship was organized as an Interdenominational Church body. In 1968 the church was chartered as a member of the BC Conference of Mennonite Brethren Churches. There were 18 charter members.
The new (present) sanctuary was built and dedicated in 1972. By God's grace the church continued to grow and by the early 1980's, the need for an education wing became evident (Sunday School attendance was about 150). At this juncture the church considered relocating to Agassiz where many of the adherents lived. All factors weighed in favor of expanding in Harrison so the education wing was built and completed in 1988.
While our church has experienced ups and downs, attendance has been stable in the 70 - 90 range in recent years We are thankful for the regular attendees and we love to welcome visitors including those that vacation in the area. We praise God for His love and guidance as His church continues to flourish in Harrison Hot Springs.